The Long Branch House
The late Ernie George, a local McDonald’s owner/operator and Long Branch Rotary member, had the vision. Jonathon Hoffman and Alexis Tucci of the Rotary Club of Long Branch, and Charles Blatchley, Dr. Howard Fox, Dorothy Davis and Arlene Mageary of Monmouth Medical Center, were intricately involved in developing the idea and making Ernie’s dream a reality. The House has continued to grow and be successful thanks to the incredible support of our local communities.
The Long Branch house includes:
- Eight themed bedrooms with private baths; the smallest bedroom can accommodate up to three people and the larger rooms up to five
- A full kitchen with two of each appliance, a well-stocked pantry and a food storage area for each family
- Laundry facilities with supplies
- Hygiene items, linens and towels
- A comfortable living room
- A library with new computers
- A spacious, fun-filled playroom
- An enclosed yard with a playground area, a gazebo with a garden and a covered wrap-around porch for relaxing
- Free parking on House grounds
- 24-hour staffing
- Lots of support from our staff, volunteers and other guests
For special accommodation needs, please call 732-222-8755 before your arrival.
Ronald McDonald House
131 Bath Ave. Long Branch, NJ 07740
From Route 18 South
Take Route 18 south to Exit 13 for Eatontown/Route 36 East (a left-hand exit). Follow directions below.
From Garden State Parkway North or South
Take Exit 105 and go straight through the toll onto Route 36 East. From the toll, there will be seven traffic lights. At the seventh light, turn right onto Broadway. At the fourth light (at Sovereign Bank), make a diagonal right onto Bath Avenue, which is the middle road. (There are two right turns at this intersection; do not take the sharp right for Norwood Avenue.)
Follow Bath Avenue about a mile and cross over the railroad tracks. The Ronald McDonald House is just past the tracks on the left on the corner of Bath and Third Avenues. Go past the house, and you will see our sign (first driveway on the left). The front door is located by the green columns off the driveway.